Are you sick and tired of trying all those lip balms in the market and yet nothing seems to work? Your favorite lip balm for chapped lips is no longer doing the trick? Or simply it’s just you becoming more aware of clean beauty and the ingredients you are using on yourself?
Whatever is your reason, I have amazing natural remedies and lip balm alternatives that you can use instead!
So without further ado, let’s discover them all together!
Exfoliating Your Chapped lips Saves You The Pain!
Beautiful, soft lips need care and attention. You can’t get soft lips overnight or just by applying lip balm and all the other home remedies. So, yes! Exfoliation is key.
When dead skin cells build up on your lips, it becomes hard or even impossible for your lips to get the moisture they need to feel and look soft and silky.
So a sugar scrub will do the trick and save your day!
How To Exfoliate Your Lips The Right Way?
Making a sugar scrub for your lips at home is easy. There are many sugar scrub recipes but this one is my favorite
You will need:
- 1 tblsp sugar ( brown sugar is better!)
- 1 tblsp coconut oil.
- 1 tblsp honey.
Now, mix all the ingredients together until you are left with a rich, thick, and SMOOTH consistency. Then apply the mixture on your lips and gently scrub them to remove dead skin cells caused by chapping.
Say “Bonjour” to naturally soft lips…‘
Still, wondering how to get rid of dry and chapped lips at home? These Gran’ma natural remedies and lip balm alternatives are all you ever need to keep those lips soft, luscious, and healthy-looking!
- Cucumber Juice & Honey: these two ingredients can do magic when it comes to treating your chapped lips. Cucumber juice can lighten your dark lips and give them a pinky look while honey can heal the chapping. Apply once to twice a day.
- Ready to kiss: 1 tsp castor oil, 1tsp glycerine, 1 tsp almond oil. Mix well and apply to your chapped lips. Leave overnight and see what happens the next morning. Your lips are soft and ready to be kissed 😉
- My favorite? : You will LOVE this one too! Grab some rose petals and soak them in milk for almost one hour. Then take the rose petals out of the milk and grind them with some saffron and one teaspoon of honey. Make sure you end up with a smooth paste. Apply it to your chapped lips while giving them a gentle massage for 2 minutes. Then leave for 15 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. And ta-daaaaaa!!! Kiss those chapped lips goodbye and fall in love with your soft and pink new lips. You deserve it!
- My life Savior: you are lazy and exhausted and don’t have time to do any of the DIY recipies mentioned above. I get you and Aloe Vera is your life savior. This moisturizing gel will help keep your lips hydrated and prevents them from drying out. So whenever you have dry, chapped lips, apply some of the aloe vera gel. Try it and thank me later!
What Can You Use Instead of Lip Balm?
It might seem pretty simple to use a lip balm to treat chapped lips issue but overusing it can lead to developing a lip balm addiction! Well, let’s not exaggerate, but you might end up using it frequently for no reason.
Dermatologists, however, believe that overuse could interfere with your lips’ ability to produce natural oils. Hence, it’s always safe to opt for other options to keep your lips soft and healthy-looking.
- drink plenty of water: dehyadration might be one of the reasons why you struggle with dry and chapped lips. Hence, consider drinking plenty of water per day to avoid the issue.
- Apply Vaseline or aloe vera: these two are known for their healing properties and are both great at moisturising and treating your dry lips.
- Dab on coconut oil: Yes as simple as this! Add some drops to your lips and massage them softly.
- rub on cucmuber: rich in vitamin B, cucumbers are also considered a good moisturizer for your lips. It’s enoyugh to rub it on your lips to have smooth and soft lips!
Now that you have some interesting home remedies and lip balm alternatives for chapped lips, you have no excuse to leave your lips untreated!
Try them out and let me know in the comments below!
Shhh… don’t say a word!
Let your lips do the talking ?
See you next time 😉